Drifting In Daylight: We Need Volunteers!
April 29th, 2015
Creative Time is looking for dedicated and energetic Volunteers to assist with Marc Bamuthi Joseph’s vibrant and participatory performance of music, dance, and spoken word, “Black Joy in the Hour of Chaos.” In this project, performers move through the park’s paths and congregate regularly under a parachute-turned-revival-tent for moments of intimate performance and celebration atop the Great Hill.
“Black Joy in the Hour of Chaos” is one of eight works featured in Drifting in Daylight: Art in Central Park, a dreamy springtime pathway of art winding through the world’s most iconic park that will run from May 15th to June 20th 2015.
• Assist with elevating and lowering the parachute throughout the performance
• Facilitate public engagement by providing wayfinding and information services
• Ensure safety of audience members and performers
• An insider’s view of a major site-specific public artwork in one of the world’s most renowned public parks
• Experience working with the Creative Time staff
• An opportunity to meet the artists
The exhibition will be open Friday, May 15 – Saturday, June 20. Exhibition hours are Fridays and Saturdays, 12-6pm.
We ask all Volunteers to commit to at least three of the shifts listed below, as well as a mandatory training session (Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 from 6:00pm-7:30pm). Volunteers are also encouraged to attend the public opening on May 15th.
• MandatoryTraining Session, Wednesday, May 6th from 6-7:30pm at the Great Hill in Central Park
• Friday/Saturday early shifts (11:30am-3:00pm)
• Friday/Saturday late shifts (3:00-6:30pm)
We hope you are interested in volunteering! Please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Contact phone number
3. Number of shifts you would like, with exact dates and times you can take
4. Confirmation that you can attend the training session on Wednesday, May 6th at 6pm