Creative Time is seeking dedicated and energetic volunteers to help with Pedro Reyes’ immersive haunted house installation, Doomocracy, which will take place at the Brooklyn Army Terminal this October. The exhibition is free and open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 6pm and 12AM from October 7th through November 6th, with a few designated Thursday performances starting October 6th. Volunteer responsibilities will range from guiding attendees to and through the project site to supporting the run of show.
– Engage with the public and share information about the project, artist, organization and site
– Ensure the safety of the audience, provide way-finding services, and facilitate audience flow from check in to exit
– Support performers, director, stage managers and technical team in their work
– Assist with set-up and break-down of the exhibition space
– An insider’s view of the exhibition and the opportunity to learn about a major public artwork engaging with timely, political topics
– Experience working with the Creative Time staff, theatrical talent, and access to both performance and process
– Behind the scenes access to the Brooklyn Army Terminal
– A small gift as a token of our appreciation for your time and energy
The performances will take place on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 6PM-12AM between October 6th and November 6th. Volunteer shifts are between 4 and 6 hours from 5:30-11:30PM. *Check-in and check-out times may vary throughout the run of show*
We are asking all volunteers to commit to at least three shifts.
How To Sign Up
If you are interested in volunteering for Doomocracy, please complete this form and we will be in touch with more information. Thank you!
(Photo: Christos Katsiaouni)