We are seeking dedicated and energized volunteers to staff the busy hub of the project: a key distribution center and grassy commons in the heart of Times Square (Broadway, between 43rd and 44th). Here, visitors will be empowered to honor one another by giving their friends, family, and colleagues their very own keys to the city.
As a Creative Time volunteer and official “key master,” you will:
- Engage a diverse and vibrant audience in the practical and theoretical concerns of the project.
- Facilitate the ceremonies through which the key is dispersed.
- Meet artists, curators, Creative Time staff, and hundreds of other volunteers.
- Spend time amongst the hustle and bustle of Times Square with the kick-ass Creative Time crew.
- Help spread art across the city!
Volunteers will also help with light set-up and clean up of the kiosk at the beginning and end of shifts. Exhibition hours are 2-8pm on Weekdays and 12-8 on Weekends from June 3rd through June 27th.
There are four volunteer shifts:
Shift #1 is 1:30pm–5:00pm on Weekdays
Shift #2 is 5:00–8:30pm on Weekdays
Shift #3 is 11:30am–4:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays
Shift #4 is 4:00pm–8:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays
(Times are subject to change.)
All volunteers will be required to attend an on-site training session with the artist and Creative Time staff.
Creative Time has a 36-year history of animating and amplifying New York City’s urban landscape and we couldn’t do it without the tremendous support of our volunteers.
If you are interested (and we hope you are!) please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Contact phone number
- Number of shifts (and dates if possible) you can take over the summer
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
We are super excited for this show and really hope you will be part of our team this summer; it’s guaranteed to be an amazing time!