Volunteer For HEARD•NY
We are seeking dedicated and energetic volunteers to staff HEARD•NY. Responsibilities will range from engaging with the public to assisting the performers. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to participate in an extraordinary public art project in conjunction with the Centennial programming for one of New York City’s historic landmarks.
• Facilitate public engagement by providing wayfinding and information services, and guidance on HEARD•NY social media platforms.
• Act as designated dressers, helping performers in and out of Soundsuits.
• Assist with Green Room responsibilities.
• Assist with installation and break-down of performances in Vanderbilt Hall.
• An up-close look at the production of a large-scale, performance-based public exhibition.
• Experience working with Nick Cave’s Soundsuits, as well as Creative Time staff, MTA Arts for Transit staff, and Ailey School students.
• Receive a Creative Time publication as a thank you gift.
Ideally we would like volunteers to commit to at least three shifts, in addition to the required training session on Sunday, March 24.
Sunday, March 24
• Required Training Session, 3pm – 5pm (Times subject to change)
Monday, March 25 through Sunday, March 31
• Morning Shift, 10am – 1pm
• Afternoon Shift, 1pm – 4pm
• Evening Shift, 4pm – 8pm
If you are interested in volunteering (and we hope you are!) please email Creative Time’s HEARD•NY Site Manager, Laura Lupton, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Contact phone number
3. Number of shifts, and dates you can take
4. Confirmation that you can attend the training session
Creative Time has a 40-year history of animating and amplifying New York City’s urban landscape and we couldn’t do it without the tremendous support of our volunteers. This show will be unlike any other, and we really hope you will be a part of our team. It is guaranteed to be an amazing experience!